This light and flavoursome spring soup is perfect for lunchtime.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What you will need
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized fennel bulb trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 small carrots trimmed, peeled and cut into rounds
- 6 spring onions trimmed and cut into 3
- 150ml dry white wine
- 500ml good vegetable stock
- 250g British asparagus tips
- 150g fresh peas (podded weight) or frozen petit pois
- 5 tbsp finely chopped mixed herbs to include mint, chives and parsley
- 100ml double cream
- A squeeze of lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the fennel and carrots and stir over a gentle heat for about 5-6 minutes being careful not to burn.
Add the spring onion and cook until softened.
Pour in the white wine and reduce by half.
Add the vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 minutes on a low to moderate heat.
Add the asparagus and peas and cook for a further 5 minutes until tender.
Stir in the herbs and cream and season well with a squeeze of lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Make sure to follow us over on social media to stay up to date with the latest food trends.
Find more delicious recipes here.
Recipe credit: British Asparagus