Lentil Aromatic Curry with Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes
An aromatic mouth-watering Rooster Potato curry, ideal for an all year round dinner or supper & suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans.
What you will need
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
500g Rooster Potatoes, 20mm Diced
175g Red Split Lentils
70g Chickpeas Drained
4tbsp Curry Powder
1 Clove of Garlic, peeled
1 Thumb of Ginger, peeled
50g Diced White Onion
2 Green Chillies, halved and seeds removed
1tsp Cumin Seeds
1tsp Ground Turmeric
250g Tin Plum Tomatoes
25gm Fresh Spinach
500ml Vegetable Stock
10g Chopped Fresh Coriander
150g Cauliflower Floret’s
Cracked Black Pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil then simmer for the 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Blend the garlic, ginger, onion and chillies to form a paste, heat the vegetable oil in a deep non-stick saucepan, cook the paste with the cumin, turmeric and a pinch of salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes on a med heat.
3. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 1 min.
4. Put the potatoes, plum tomatoes, stock and lentils in the saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the stock has been absorbed.
6. Add the spinach, drained chickpeas and chopped coriander, stir until evenly mixed.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower. Either grate it or lightly blend it in a food processor until it becomes a coarse crumb and resembles small grains of rice.
8. Transfer to a microwavable bowl and cover with cling film, cook on a high heat for 3 minutes, season and add a little freshly chopped coriander and serve.
Watch as Michel Roux Jr. turns these store cupboard ingredients into a flavourful Albert Bartlett Rooster Potato Curry you can easily make at home